SILcet – a SIL rating tool.
Improvements and new functions in SILcet 3.0
- One more option for the SIL rating (“SIL Calculator“) has been added to calculate the SIF of the Safety Functions. This new option is easier to use and solves 90% of the architectures found in the industry. The SILcet sheet “SIL2” should be used, either by working directly on the cells of the sheet or by opening the “user-form” using the blue button “Calculator”. The calculation formulas used are the same as those used in the “SIL” sheet, based on IEC-61508/61511.
- In this new version, it can be selected in each SIF between the low demand (PFDavg) and the high demand (PFH) mode. In both cases, the formulas used are based on the recommendations of IEC-61508. There are 21 types of architectures available for calculating the PFDavg and 8 types for PFH.
(Go to SILcet page for more information).
- Added new 1ooM architecture (M is changeable by the user).
- Added new “Import” function to copy the contents of the 35 SIFs of the “SIL2” sheet from another SILcet file, for example, it can be used to import the configuration used in previous versions of SILcet.
- In this version 3.0, formulas can be entered in the 12 cells of the SIF of the “SIL” sheet where the results of PFDavg / PFH and MTTFS (columns AM and AS) are shown. The formulas are not modified when the calculations are updated (with the “Update” button) if “Pfd” has been selected in column G. This function is useful when intermediate calculations of the “CF” sheet are used in the case of very complex configurations.
- The graph colors on the “Graphs” sheet have been modified to be the same as those used in the “Compare” function.
- A second chart format has been added to the “Graphs” sheet (only showing the values of PFDavg / PFH) that can also be selected in the reports.
- Modified and added some help comments in the cells.