Functional Safety Training Course
SIFs Design and calculation of SIL
This Functional Safety Training Course has a different design and approach than other courses. The standard course is focused on the design of the SIF (Safety Instrumented Function), comparing different alternatives of cost versus technical solution according to IEC-61508.
Why is it a different course?
- Because we use a SIL calculation and verification tool developed by us (“SILcet“) that allows us to make real examples. This is impossible to perform in most functional safety courses due to the complexity of calculations when dealing with real cases.
- We provide a free license (Pro 1) of SILcet to each of the participants with many of the examples of the course.
- It is a modular course whose contents can be adapted to the needs of the client (introduction to SIL, factors that most influence the probability of failure and how to reduce it, parameters that do not appear in the typical equations of PFDavg, how to modernize old safety systems by comparing alternatives of cost versus technical solution, how to solve complex architectures, etc.)
- The course can be adapted to the real cases used by the client, including examples, designs and comparison of safety functions (SIF).
- There is also an Online version through the platform “Schoology”.